Halcyon valve rebuild kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Dive Right ones are the only close thing. The biggest difference is the HP seat. The Halcyon is small (length wise) than the Dive Rite. I would not mix and match. The Halcyon rebuild kits are much, much cheaper than Thermo or DR.

Looks like you can get Halcyon rebuild kits for $7 from EE. DRE sells Thermo rebuild kids for $20.

What is included in the Halcyon rebuild kit? Everything? If so it looks like, over the long haul, Halcyon valves might be cheaper even if they are usually more expensive to start out.

How the heck do you carry a tank with a Halcyon valve? I like the way most other valves have pieces on either side that you can use for a handle as you carry the tank, but the Halcyon valves only have things on one side of the valve...

The Halcyon kits come with everything. Mine came with burst disk replacements (not the screw assembly, just copper disk and washer). I completely rebuild (replace parts, etc.) my valves every five years. So owning Dive Rite or Thermo isn't much more of an expense. Except when I have to buy 10 kits at one time. :(

I don't have Halcyon valves on my deco bottles, but on a couple sets of doubles. But carrying bottles with Halcyon valves, just use the knob.

thanks guys - I need the manifold rebuild kit, which is only $15 from EE (didn't know they had an online shop till now) sure beats $45 from Thermo :S

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom