Halcyon Scout O-ring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone know what size the O-ring on a Halcyon Scout is? I'd like to get a couple spares and take them with me when I go to Roatan.

Thanks,
Jim

I haven't changed the o-rings in my scouts since I bought them almost 10 years ago. (I do change the batteries every year whether I use them or not.) I'm curious what makes you think they'll go bad in the relatively short time you'll be on vacation?

Nothing makes me think it will go bad, but for the sake of a $0.30 O-ring, and the extra 2 grams in my luggage, I'll take a spare thanks. For anyone interested, it turns out to be a -123.

Nothing makes me think it will go bad, but for the sake of a $0.30 O-ring, and the extra 2 grams in my luggage, I'll take a spare thanks. For anyone interested, it turns out to be a -123.

Take them off the body of the light and measure it:D

Take them off the body of the light and measure it:D

I would have done that, except when I posted the thread, I was at work without my scout, and I work 3 blocks from a hydraulics shop, so I figured I could go after work and get them. I did measure it later, and as I posted, it is a -123.

Have to dig up an old post here.
What durometer o-ring is it 70 or 90 ?
I had a flood today in one of my scouts, o-ring had a scratch.

Thanks, Jim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom