Halcyon & Santi's policy: we perform drysuit repairs "even without prior approval"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there is a time limit ("1440 minutes") to edit posts so that is not possible.
Here's a tip: Report your own post and request the edit in your report. Moderators aren't affected by the 24hr time limit.

EDIT: Whether or not they do the requested edit is, of course, up to the moderators' discretion :)

Last edited:
I've made edits to posts older than 1440 minutes. But maybe the classifieds section is different

I have to say that I had lurked on this thread and been tempted to post a few times about how poor Santi and Halcyon both appeared to be.

I have had my reservations removed as they have dealt properly with the issue in my opinion, both with regards to the zip and the boots.

I have to say that I had lurked on this thread and been tempted to post a few times about how poor Santi and Halcyon both appeared to be.

I have had my reservations removed as they have dealt properly with the issue in my opinion, both with regards to the zip and the boots.

I have taken Halcyon back off my Black List. :wink:

But, it still seems like Santi should have replaced those boots at no charge. I mean, when it seems that everyone knows those boots from them are crap and they replaced her friend's boots at no charge (suit purchased around the same time), why would they not replace hers for free? Nope. Santi is still on my Black List.

Anyone know how DUI's Turbosoles compare with Flexsoles as far as wear/life?

When I bought my Santi, i had it custom fit, and I had to deal with the issue of the feet. There is no Santi dealer near me, so I was dealing with this online. I had no chance to try on anything. I have wide feet to begin with, and my right foot has a bad problem with Morton's neuroma, and this means that wearing footwear that is too tight can cause severe pain. I was therefore quite wary of buying any pre-attached foot gear that might make the suit unwearable for me. My choice then was to get a simple neoprene sock with no sole. When I dive, I usually use oversized Converse All Stars. I also have a pair of oversized wet suit booties that I use occasionally. The only problem I have is that it is something of a drag to go through the extra step of putting them on.
And so, 5 years after I made this post someone drew it to my attention, and I thought I might make a 5 years later comment.

My attempt to get the foot size just right through long distance efforts was ultimately unsuccessful. THey fit perfectly, but I struggled to put them on, and I struggled more to take them off. When I had my suit in for other repairs, it was noted that the socks were showing remarkable wear. No kidding! I had them replaced with a larger size so I could get in and out of the drysuit more easily.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom