Halcyon regulators' equivalent in Scubapro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dogbowl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I've read that Halcyon regs are re-branded Scubapros. I might be getting one or the other and just wanted to compare them in terms of price. Can someone tell me the Scubapro equivalent for the following?

1. Halycon H-75P first stage;
2. Halcyon H-50D first stage;
3. Halcyon Halo second stage; and
4. Halcyon Aura second stage.

I'm just totally confused about regulators, much more so than any other piece of scuba equipment. I *think* I want diaphragm, since I don't want to rule out cold water diving. I also don't care to service the regulator myself, so I'll need to have local dealers/service. Seems like Scubapro is pretty common in my area, so I'm tempted to take the lazy way out and get what's easily accessible and serviceable. My understanding from reading previous posts is that regulators these days are pretty darn good anyways across many brands.

The H-75P is like ScubaPro's Mk25 (but not the newer Mk25EVO) piston reg
The H-50D is like ScubaPro's Mk17 diaphragm
The Halo is like the G250V
The Aura is like the R390/380

Being able to get your gear serviced locally is really nice.

Up here in the cold lakes and rivers we use the Mk25EVO/G260 or Mk17/G260 with no issues. I used to use the Mk25/G250V and had no issues. For ice diving most of us prefer the Mk17/G260 or the Mk17 with a full face mask.

shurite7, thanks for the info!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom