Halcyon Proteus 10W HID with charger- 275$

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshie1234

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello!

I have for sale a Halcyon 10W HID Light with recently replaced battery and bulb. Comes with charger

I am looking to get 275$ for this light. It is a great travel light, or beginner light. The plus side is that a new battery is only 20$ so it is very easy to buy an extra for dive weekends.

Feel free to pm me and make offers. I am always happy to discuss lights, and offer any advice I have.

Local pick up available in LA, continental shipping available as well

Thank you,

Marshall

Last edited:
This is a Halcyon Proteus 10W

http://www.halcyon.net/files/manuals/explorer-proteus_manual_2008.pdf

---------- Post added May 24th, 2013 at 10:47 AM ----------

For what it is worth, I also own a DRIS 1000 lumen light. In my experience, when I compare the two, I find that the Halcyon out performs the DRIS light, probably due to the beam angle (a tight 6 degrees) which makes it very good for signaling, and lets it really "punch" through the water. The other advantage is that the light is focus-able, so you can modify it to your taste, and to the situation. I am a motivated seller, so please make offers, and ask any questions, I am more than happy to communicate.

This is a Proteus 3. I bought it used, but the original owner told me it was from the 2005 era. He also told me he had it serviced around 2011 or so. It probably has about 50-75 dives on it at least. It is very durable, and made to last though. Here are some more pix:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom