Halcyon Pioner wings or any other dir wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomaNitrogen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I am not DIR diver yet but i have my new Pioner, I normally don’t add air to my wings that much but it ‘s now cold so I use 6.5 mm suit and I have to add more weights this means more air goes in the wings. I am not able to effectively dump the air through the left valve. I have to go horizontal and use the inflator to release air. I tried raising my left butt and roll down to make the air go to the value and then release (and my buddy probably lost her regulator while watching this acrobatic show) but I failed; probably there is a valid tetchiness to do so

DIR divers what do you do?

DomaNitrogen:
Hi,

I am not DIR diver yet but i have my new Pioner, I normally don’t add air to my wings that much but it ‘s now cold so I use 6.5 mm suit and I have to add more weights this means more air goes in the wings. I am not able to effectively dump the air through the left valve. I have to go horizontal and use the inflator to release air. I tried raising my left butt and roll down to make the air go to the value and then release (and my buddy probably lost her regulator while watching this acrobatic show) but I failed; probably there is a valid tetchiness to do so

You think you are horizontal when you are using the rear dump, but your not.

DomaNitrogen:
Hi,

you can dump the rear dump valve by slightly raising your entire butt. this doesnt have to be done extremely, all it needs is a slight raise. if you are in a perfect horizontal position then simply raising your behind will do the trick. try also moving your butt left and right that also does the trick. keep trying im sure youl figure it out.

DomaNitrogen:
Hi,

I tried raising my left butt and roll down to make the air go to the value and then release

I'm not a DIR diver nor am i familiar with the pioneer wing but i will offer IMHO what could be a solution since i have the same problem on my seaquest balance, which basically uses a horseshoe wing. your problem as i see it is that when you roll, you may be rolling down. even if your "left butt" (how many butts do u have? -- sorry couldn't resist) is up but you roll down, the gas that is trapped is still going to rise and remain trapped in your right wing. you need to raise your left butt and roll UP (just enuff) and you will feel the gas move from your right wing to your left. hope this helps...

use your hand to feel/squeeze the wing area around the rear dump to make sure there's gas there. if yes, then tilt your butt up a little so the valve becomes more or less the highest point of your wing and pull the dump cord upwards (pulling down is obviously not optimal). if no, then you need to change your trim so that the air in your wing shifts to where the rear dump is. if you still can't dump, then check that the rear dump is working properly; inflate your wing on land, squeeze it and and pull the rear dump to make sure it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom