Halcyon mask as a Primary ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trymixdiver

Reaction score
Is the Halcyon mask ok for a Primary mask ? Anyone have one of these masks?

I have to place an order with Halcyon again in a week i was thinking of just adding the mask to my oder. It looks like a good price and hey there other equipment is good.

TMD

Don't have one but this begs the question: have you TRIED it in the water?

Masks are very personal pieces of equipment when it comes to proper fit. So unless you are prepared to return it if need be (if they'll let you) then go ahead.

JMHO,

~SubMariner~

Have not tried one, but it looks like a black silicone low profile mask. I use the SP frameless and love it. Anything low profile will be fine. Look at the Oceanic Shadow or some of the freediving masks.

Eric

I actually had a very difficult time finding a mask to fit my funny shaped face. It was the only one I could find that held a seal.

I still like it, but am going to pick up an OMS ICU, as it's even lower profile and a good deal at Leisure Pro ($27). Just Sub mentioned though, it's a VERY dependent on the wearer.

Good Luck!
Chris

:)

Back
Top Bottom