Halcyon Inflator hose o-ring size.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pao

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi! Anybody knows the proper size for the recessed o-ring at the end of the inlator hose? It doesn't look like a standard 011. Before, I was able to get away with just lubing it. But now it looks a little chewed up.
Thanks!

Several charts I have call for a 10, the internal diameter of the connector is in the 0.308 range and the stem of the inflator is around .128 so ( inch) which is right for sealing with a 010 ....I have been working with these orings and connectors for several months for a special project. Orings that have been in service for a long time are often badly deformed.
There are a few oddballs out there, I suppose you could have one of those.

I had to do this recently and don't recall whether it was the 10 or 11 but I do remember that while the diameter across matched the thickness of the used ring was thinner and softer then the replacement. It was heck getting it in but it did work.

011. The male QD nipple on standard power inflators, (*not* "Air2's") are 5/16 (.312) od, not .128 or .250 etc.

011 is nominally 5/16 id, x 3/8 od x 1/16 cross section.

Tobin

I just replaced the O-Ring on two Dacor inflators and 011 sure looked like the right size to me but of course yours may be different. One of them still leaks but that looks like corrosion on the chrome-plated brass shaft rather than the 0-Ring being the problem.

What's with the weird angle on the mouthpiece on the new replacement inflators? I don't get it.

It's approximately 1.5 mm (cs) x 7.8 mm (ID), nothing seems to match.

Er, ah well 1.5 mm = .060". 1/16 = .062"

7.8mm = .304" 5/16 = .312"

Can you really measure a piece of rubber to within .008" ? :wink:

Keep in mind that elastomers are notoriously difficult to measure using contact methods.

I seriously doubt Halcyon is using a proprietary QD nipple on their power inflators or LP BC hoses. All the Halcyon inflators I have ever seen used the industry standard QD nipples.

I know for a fact that an 011 oring fits the industry standard QD I fit to 1000's and 1000's of LP BC hoses.

Pretty sure you are over thinking this *just* a bit. :)

Tobin

Reactions: Pao
I just asked my local H dealer and it really is a 1.5 x 7.8 mm O-ring. They will have it in stock by next month. Meanwhile, I can get my hands on a few 1.5 x 7.5 mm and 1.5 x 8 mm o-rings. Maybe I'll try those first.

Back
Top Bottom