Halcyon Infinity Package VS Build Your Own with separate parts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldenwar

Registered
Reaction score
hi all,

most of the websites sell already built Infinity.

but this website Diverseekers.com seems pretty reputable has Build your own Halcyon Backplate

Halcyon Backplate build your own *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

if i build exactly like Infinity(at least i believe it is the same).
EXCEPT IT'S MISSING WEIGHTED SINGLE TANK ADAPTOR WHICH I CAN PROBABLY GET IT SEPARATELY BUT TOTAL STILL COMES OUT CHEAPER.
6 Lbs (2.7 Kg) Convertible Weighted STA (Single Tank Adapter), w/ Straps 10.011.008 *Buy Halcyon at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

all the item description seem to match what they have on infinity as well.

do you guys see any issue with this build?

i will not disclose any price just in case.

thanks

Last edited:
It doesn't look like the price is any particular bargain since you would still need to add the wing. I would just go with Extreme Exposure(and skip the Infinity harness and padding unless you have a specific need for them).

Comparing prices for the complete system, it looks like EE comes in at $935, as opposed to $899. My experience with them would make the small increase in price well worth it.

Last edited:
The weighted STA is something you’d normally have to buy separate anyway. Better check out reviews online to make sure the website is legit.

It doesn't look like the price is any particular bargain since you would still need to add the wing. I would just go with Extreme Exposure(and skip the Infinity harness and padding unless you have a specific need for them).

Comparing prices for the complete system, it looks like EE comes in at $935, as opposed to $899. My experience with them would make the small increase in price well worth it.
yea i figured it might be better to just buy at LDS so they can assemble and i can always go back if there is any issue.

Any reason you're looking at a Halcyon system instead of a BP/W without all the extra fluff? You can save a good amount of money by going with a regular BP/W.

Any reason you're looking at a Halcyon system instead of a BP/W without all the extra fluff? You can save a good amount of money by going with a regular BP/W.

it seems like many people use Halcyon and its popularity seems to prove that it's a good BP/W that many people will like.

@JohnnyC
I am not a native speaker so pls excuse my linguistic uncertenty: isn't Halcyon providing 'regular' wings, are they unregular or irregular or is it about the size :wink:

@European the Infinity system plate with webbing costs $269. Add the fluff stuff like the Cinch, storage pak, weight pockets, and padding, and you're at $548 and that doesn't include a wing. Add a Halcyon wing and you're looking at $1037. It's not that the wings are "regular" or "irregular," it's that you can spend $300 for a standard plate, harness, webbing, AND wing of perfectly acceptable quality.

If one was to buy the Halcyon plate, and webbing, without the extra stuff, it's still almost as expensive as other brands of plates, wings, webbing, etc. for a whole setup. Functionally the Halcyon basic setup doesn't offer anything else over other products. With the unnecessary additions one would be spending more money than necessary for little or no performance gain. Doesn't mean people shouldn't buy it, it's absolutely their choice, but if someone is not married to the Halcyon brand, there's no reason not to look at other options that are a much better value.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom