DIR- GUE Halcyon H-75P vs. Atomic M1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galodoido

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm looking into getting a new doubles regulator set. I'm currently between these Halcyon and Atomic regulators, so looking for some opinions on each one of them.

One is sold by a brand known for questionable customer service, the other is based in Florida
Neither allow user service
Neither are the ideal first stage style for Florida beach entries as outlined in your profile picture as an unsealed piston is not great
Both were basically designed by the same people since the Halcyon is a Scubapro MK25.

Can't really go wrong with either, but they're basically the same. I'd buy the Halcyon just to support Florida businesses personally.

Atomic M1 should have a sealed first stage

He could look at ScubaPro Mk19/G260...I have Mk19/G260, Mk25 evo/D420, Atomic M1 and Atomic ST1...I use the Mk19/G260 90% and my wife dives the Atomic ST1 90% as the second stage is much lighter for her. When I was using a DPV I used the M1

I'd go with the Atomic M1. Top performance and great company backed by a huge holding group. Halcyon is an older version of Scubapro's regulators.

requiring packing with $50 of christo-lube is not what I call "sealing", especially given the risk if it isn't done properly with damaged pistons. My buddies at Air Tech complain about them all the time

This is gross and misleading exaggeration.

The Atomic regulators can go longer, much longer, than other brands between servicing and their actual cost of ownership over a several year period is much less than others. I know this first hand as I own several of their regulators, Scubapro regulators, Mares, Cressi, AL and others. I would buy Atomic again and again and never look back. Top performance, best reliability, least cost of ownership (they require less service than others) and a very solid company to stand behind them.

This is gross and misleading exaggeration.

The Atomic regulators can go longer, much longer, than other brands between servicing and their actual cost of ownership over a several year period is much less than others. I know this first hand as I own several of their regulators, Scubapro regulators, Mares, Cressi, AL and others. I would buy Atomic again and again and never look back. Top performance, best reliability, least cost of ownership (they require less service than others) and a very solid company to stand behind them.

Poseidon and Deep6 both have lower cost of ownership and go just as long between service. Packing first stages is asinine, the largest regulator repair shop in the world agrees based on how irritating they are to deal with, that should say enough.

Poseidon and Deep6 both have lower cost of ownership and go just as long between service.

D6??? Hahahahaha, my Atomics go longer in between servicing and still perform like knew much longer than D6 has been in business. D6 is cheap, that it is indeed.

Now for Poseidon, I have sold, owned and serviced Poseidons and that is the furthest from the truth. Let's not forget that Poseidon has a very unstable representation in the US and has a microscopic market there, and around the world for a good reason.

Packing first stages is asinine, the largest regulator repair shop in the world agrees based on how irritating they are to deal with, that should say enough.
I have owned, sold, serviced and used Atomic regulators since circa 1997/98 and I have NEVER had ANY issues with packing or with pistons or anything with Atomic regulators. In fact, Atomic regulators are the least problematic regulators out of all brands out there. If I am to get stranded in a country with no service centers, I am as a matte of fact in Libya now, I'd rather have the most reliable and best performing regulator in the world, my Atomic regulators.

Poseidon and Deep6 both have lower cost of ownership and go just as long between service. Packing first stages is asinine, the largest regulator repair shop in the world agrees based on how irritating they are to deal with, that should say enough.
Irritating for techs isn’t really high up on my consideration list.

Sry but I’m literally giving you money in exchange for this service.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom