Halcyon Evolve 40 for Halcyon Evolve 60

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

antattack

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'd like to trade a brand new, never wet Halcyon Evolve 40 for an Evolve 60. Let's make a deal!

You saw my earlier thread, I checked with my instructor, I will need the larger wing given my cold water diving habit :D

Theres' been some interest in selling the Evolve 40 outright. If nobody wants to trade by by Saturday, I'll reach out and make a cash deal. Trades just feel more like a diving community.

PM me if you want pictures or to enquire about structuring the deal.

I see the other thread is closed, but I just wanted to mention that I have double Worthington LP85s and the 40# Evolve and it works fine(although I haven't tried flooding my dry suit). I don't see how you could avoid a serious "taco" problem with the larger wing wrapping around those tanks. If you really don't think 40# is enough lift for the LP85s, you might be better off with a set of Al80s rather than an oversized wing.

Last edited:
Thanks Ron-
My tech instructor made it very simple for me- The Evolve 60 is what he requires for the dives we will do. I know what I need to do.

I don't know what the other thread is but I am only moving up to a 60lb wing now that I am diving a steel plate with double 130's jacked up, PLUS a 40 with 100%, PLUS an 80 with 32% ... until I added the 80 I was fine with the 40 lb wing.

---------- Post Merged at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:17 PM ----------

NM Just saw the last response, sorry!!

Thanks to all your online and private messages, I'll be regrouping. I may not need to change my wing, but I'll have another think about my respected (said with sincerity) instructor.

I appreciate your good nature in helping out with this evaluation.

Cheers,
Ant

---------- Post Merged on July 10th, 2012 at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was on July 9th, 2012 at 10:34 PM ----------

To be clear, I've learned much from all of your posts. Instead of changing my wing, I need to get in the water with an instructor and evaluate. I've also learned that reasonable, experienced instructors have different opinions and requirements about proper wing sizing. I'm going to get a few opinions before making a change, and I've even started to consider going GUE Fundies instead of PADI Tech. That's the power this board wields- even in the classifieds.

Thanks again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom