Halcyon Cinch screw removal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Legenderyi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm having issues removing the screw that holds the quick release pockets for the Halcyon cinch system in place. I can't for the life of me figure out how to keep the the thin nut in place while I turn the screw with a flathead. If I try turning the screw the nut rotates with it, but I can't find a way to hold the nut in place as it's really really thin. The loctite on the screw probably doesn't help either. Any suggestions?

View media item 211623
View media item 211622
View media item 211624

I just gripped the flat sides of the nut with a wide jawed adjustable and worked the screw. Yes, a bit of elbow grease required to turn against the loctite, but after the first half turn or so it turns quite easily and you can get a better grip on the nut as well.

That’s the latest style that you hold with a crescent wrench. The older round style you just use a pair of pliers to hold it while you remove the bolt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom