Halcyon Carbon Fiber Plus Backplate / System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yellowdog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have seen some discussion about backplates set up without an STA and whether the Halcyon BPW could be set up this way. It turns out that they do have a relatively new backplate that can be set up without an STA using a Halcyon wing. They call it the Carbon Fiber Plus backplate and it has the cinch adjustable system as well as single tank stabilizers built into the plate. The standard carbon plate weighs 1.1 lbs and I believe the plus weighs less than a pound. Halcyon makes a wing for this system called the Traveler Pro which is the standard Eclipse 20#, 30#, or 40# wing with cam slots built into it. The other interesting news is that one can send their existing Eclipse wing back to Halcyon and have cam slots added for a low fee so purchasing a new wing is not necessary if you already own one. I purchased a regular carbon plate to use for warm water travel and will be trying it ( with an STA ) for the first time in a couple of weeks. It has the slots for the cam bands but does not have the cinch or tank stabilizers built in. Beautiful to look at if nothing else. The best link I could find:
Halcyon Adventurer Plus Carbon Fiber Wing System

Standard Carbon Fiber Backplate

I too purchased the carbon fiber backplate with the built-in stabilizer. I love it, no issues at all. Very travel friendly.

What you see below are pictures of my setup with a 30lb wing and a 20lb wing.

IMG_20190824_161530.jpg
IMG_20190824_161645.jpg
IMG_20190824_161657.jpg
IMG_20190824_161544.jpg

Looks very nice. How have you found the wings?
I have always dived with a DSS backplate and wing but hoping to find a lighter option for travel but also DSS do not appear to have restarted operations after moving shop so looking for alternatives.

The wings are great. High quality, never any pinching issues, and travel friendly. This setup is very light and durable. I used it go fly out to a few places, with just a carry-on and a backpack. I highly recommend.

Back
Top Bottom