Gzero (Gravity Zero) Drysuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O.M.O.H.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
All,

Does anyone have one?

There have been a few threads throughout this board and Deco Stop about these suits, but some of the posts resembled "nigerian" eBay scam or an attempt at free advertising (not like there is anything wrong with it)...
Anyway, it seems that there is a quite a legitimate outfit, called Samish Divers (SAMISH DIVERS - SCUBA Diving Equipment - Great Deal's), that has them on sale and a few people have actually bought them and dive them. From what i could tell from looking at the pictures on the site, the trilaminate ([SIZE=-0]TXT RANGER FZ) [/SIZE]suit looks great and is very competitively priced.
The suit is made by an italian outfit called Gravity Zero (GRAVITY ZERO - Technical Diving Equipment - Stagna TXT RANGER FZ Trilaminato) Here is a quick quote from the manufacturer's site:
Trilaminate Drysuit TLS 350 designed and manufactured by GRAVITY ZERO - Technical Diving Equipment.
So.. can we get some sort of a review from the current owners?

Thanks!

I dove with Fred and Christopher last year, they were diving a prototype DUI tropical suit. I haven't heard of DUI offering it yet.

Sorry man, i didn't get this. How is it related to my question about the GZero suits. :)

Anyone?

I myself have been trying to find more threads about the G-Zero Ranger TXT but no one seems to have one so I took a leap of faith and ordered one from Samish Divers(SD). I am waiting for further word on the status of my order and SDs owner, Kelly Jewett has been in touch with me throughout the entire process. I have been renting a DUI TLS 350 from my LDS and I'm hoping that the Ranger TXT compares to DUI's TLS 350 in performance.

As an aside, I am glad I placed my order when I did because the price on the drysuit has been significantly marked up. The price for the Ranger TXT is now $2000 up $750 from when I ordered mine. That said, it still is a fair price considering the fact that what comes standard on the suit are options on the DUI.

I will post reviews of the suit when I receive mine.

Thanks a lot. i have sent a number of emails to Samish Divers and only got one or two, somewhat conflicting, responses. On the other hand, i did get a price quote before the price hike, hopefully this quote will stand when i am ready to order. I am also considering Viking Xtreme, which maybe a better option given availability of local warranty support for them.

I am anxiously waiting for your review.

Cheers.

Many of technical divers in Portugal are using these suits and we are very happy with them.
I know that the same is happening in Spain, Poland, Germany, Czech Republic, Brazil, etc

One member of a DIR team tried several suits: DUI TLS 350, Gzero, Otter, Whites, etc .
In the water he didn't felt any difference between the DUI and the Gzero.

Till now I love my Gzero Ranger TXT and the ZIP still working fine.
The valves are in the right place!
But I think that the new model "TLS 350 DIR - Signature Edition" with option for a BDM zip is even better...

I know that they are developing a new website only for Gzero dry suits products: Gravity Zero - Technical Diving Equipment - Produzione mute stagne in neoprene, trilaminato

Best regards
Duarte S.

Back
Top Bottom