Gunmen kill tourist and kidnap wife from Pom Pom Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dunno, seems to me that even the lamest terrorists would be doing some planning, ergo they'd want their target to be stationary. Planning a terrorist event and picking on a moving target seems rather unlikely to me. I think I'd feel safer on a liveaboard than on Kapalai.

Dunno, seems to me that even the lamest terrorists would be doing some planning, ergo they'd want their target to be stationary. Planning a terrorist event and picking on a moving target seems rather unlikely to me. I think I'd feel safer on a liveaboard than on Kapalai.
your right, pirates never go after other ships! btw, a liveaboard in the tiny sipadan area would most likely be stationary 99% of the time and not armed with army and red buttons!

"your right, pirates never go after other ships! btw, a liveaboard in the tiny sipadan area would most likely be stationary 99% of the time and not armed with army and red buttons!"

:) My answer probably would have been different if we were talking about a liveaboard off the coast of Somalia.

But you guys seem to feel that the diving was worth the threat of danger. (Not to mention the expense and tedium of travel to get there!) I've always heard it was wonderful--but that much better than RA, for example?

If I had not travelled to anywhere that had civil unrest in the past generation I think my travelling would have consisted of London and Austria instead of places like Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Indo, Malayisa, Burma, the UAE and Egypt.

Back
Top Bottom