Gulf shore Sat 6-8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

txaggie08

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Myself and a friend are coming in to dive, curious what conditions at whiskey and offshore have been like?

We're planning shore dives Saturday, and doing down under's venture trip Sunday.

Would also love to.find people to dive with in the area.

Myself and a friend are coming in to dive, curious what conditions at whiskey and offshore have been like?

We're planning shore dives Saturday, and doing down under's venture trip Sunday.

Would also love to.find people to dive with in the area.

Memorial day week the temps were comfortable in a 3 ml. At the end of the dive there was a very warm layer. On the two days I was diving the seas were hit and miss. Vis was between 20 and 50 and improved with depth. The top 15 feet there is a layer of algae, but that ends suddenly and opens up. My deaper dives 50 - 80 had the algea layer, the shallow dives didnt (Poseidon's playground).

Memorial day week the temps were comfortable in a 3 ml. At the end of the dive there was a very warm layer. On the two days I was diving the seas were hit and miss. Vis was between 20 and 50 and improved with depth. The top 15 feet there is a layer of algae, but that ends suddenly and opens up. My deaper dives 50 - 80 had the algea layer, the shallow dives didnt (Poseidon's playground).
What were the bottom temps on the deeper dives? What sites did you hit? Did you go out with down under?

I'm afraid we may get rained out, but waiting to see what this storm does!

I'm afraid we may get rained out, but waiting to see what this storm does!
The weather looks pretty bleak this weekend. Rain is the least of the worries for diving. I think we are going to reschedule or Sunday dive. Sorry if you were spending the whole weekend and it storms. We usually make a really long day trip out of it.

^^ we may still come and go to NAS Pensacola if the seas are to high. Kind of waiting to see what this storm does

I hit 3 mile with down under and also used Niuhi out of pensecola. There was a tug and a barge. I dont have the names in front of me and i dont remember the water temp at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom