GUE/Tech Divers in New England?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

agantt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I’m a GUE diver based in Seattle getting into tech while I’m here. I’m originally from CT and we’re looking at moving back next summer.

Any GUE or tech divers around? Doesn’t have to be GUE specifically, but would love to keep diving as much as I do (3-4 dives/week) with people of similar skill level and explore the New England coast. I didn’t learn to dive until we moved to the west coast and I want to continue.

Ed Hayes in CT.

Heather Knowles and David Caldwell in MA are the ones that I know that are GUE trained tec.

They could point you to others.

If you don't mind experienced but not that experienced let me know.

Ed Hayes in CT.

Heather Knowles and David Caldwell in MA are the ones that I know that are GUE trained tec.

As long as you’re experienced enough to be a good buddy and do some long dives, that’s good enough for me! :)

Ed Hayes in CT.

Dave and Heather are awesome people, they do know a lot of tech divers. Nate Garrett and the crew of the nomad are also in this category

I shouldn't reply while distracted.

Chris Trainor and Red Godin in RI are also tec.

The above are all instructors and or shop owners and have online presence already.

I know some others but will not give names without there permission.

Dave and Heather are awesome people, they do know a lot of tech divers. Nate Garrett and the crew of the nomad are also in this category
Cool! Sounds like I’ll have options. Once Covid dies down and we head that way I’ll be sure to reach out. My biggest fear is not diving as often as I do now in the Puget Sound when we move back.

Cool! Sounds like I’ll have options. Once Covid dies down and we head that way I’ll be sure to reach out. My biggest fear is not diving as often as I do now in the Puget Sound when we move back.

Getting you in the water won't be an issue depending on who you are willing to dive with.

I'll go with anyone, just won't go to certain sites.

For example on Saturday I'm going with a total newbie we are just doing an easy site.

Submerged in Rockville MD is a UTD facility with a large community of DIR divers.

Morning
Between MA and CT, there are GUE trained divers and a very active diving community. Depends on the season, but there is shore diving, boat diving, and this year with COVID, a lot of diving at a pond called Hathaways on the Cape. Also guys go up north to the St. Lawrence for wreck dives.

Back
Top Bottom