GUE Seattle community diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcasC205

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have mentioned this on several threads, but I thought I would post it here in case anyone is curious about the GUE community in the Seattle/PNW area.

The GUE Seattle community hosts dives every Wednesday night throughout the year that are open to any certified divers. There is no requirement to be GUE trained or to have GUE-standard equipment -- all we ask is that you be familiar with your gear and have a primary and backup light due to the normal sub-optimal visibility conditions in the area (and the fact that the dive is a night dive for 3/4s of the year.) If you don't have a decent light, just let us know in advance and someone will probably be able to loan you a light. It's a great opportunity to learn about GUE, meet some other divers in the area, or just have a buddy to dive with during the week.

We usually meet between 6 and 6:30 and the location varies throughout the year -- usually at Redondo when it is Lumpy or 6-gill season and Cove 2 at other points of the year (depending on the bridge construction.) We usually post a reminder in the GUE Seattle Facebook group the day before (but sometimes it is late and gets posted day-of). If you're avoiding the House of Zuckerberg, DM me here and I will get you the latest details.

To be clear, this is a community led dive and is not officially organized by GUE or any local shops. Divers are responsible for their own safety and diving within their training limits.

If you're avoiding the House of Zuckerberg, DM me here and I will get you the latest details.
haha I love it; I should have my OW cert on June 1. I live on the east side however, I can definitely make it to Seattle. I'm looking for a group to dive with regularly --it goes without saying that I am a new diver. I passed my eLearning material last night and now just waiting for the OW part.

Well heck I live in Port Townsend, so I don't often get over that way. Never dove Redondo so that's attractive to me. Maybe sometime soon I can do an over-nighter dive trip, if I can find some other divers to go out with the next day.

g2:
Well heck I live in Port Townsend, so I don't often get over that way. Never dove Redondo so that's attractive to me. Maybe sometime soon I can do an over-nighter dive trip, if I can find some other divers to go out with the next day.
There are a number of west sounders that are part of the GUE community and often dive in Hood Canal. I'd recommend joining the GUE Seattle FB group for connecting with them.

I have mentioned this on several threads, but I thought I would post it here in case anyone is curious about the GUE community in the Seattle/PNW area.

The GUE Seattle community hosts dives every Wednesday night throughout the year that are open to any certified divers. There is no requirement to be GUE trained or to have GUE-standard equipment -- all we ask is that you be familiar with your gear and have a primary and backup light due to the normal sub-optimal visibility conditions in the area (and the fact that the dive is a night dive for 3/4s of the year.) If you don't have a decent light, just let us know in advance and someone will probably be able to loan you a light. It's a great opportunity to learn about GUE, meet some other divers in the area, or just have a buddy to dive with during the week.

We usually meet between 6 and 6:30 and the location varies throughout the year -- usually at Redondo when it is Lumpy or 6-gill season and Cove 2 at other points of the year (depending on the bridge construction.) We usually post a reminder in the GUE Seattle Facebook group the day before (but sometimes it is late and gets posted day-of). If you're avoiding the House of Zuckerberg, DM me here and I will get you the latest details.

To be clear, this is a community led dive and is not officially organized by GUE or any local shops. Divers are responsible for their own safety and diving within their training limits.
Hi - sorry I can't DM yet as I am a new member...

I am from New Zealand but visiting my partners family in Seattle for the next couple of weeks and am seeking some dive buddies. I checked out the Facebook page but couldn't see any recent posts notifying of Wednesday night dives. Are you aware of any dives planned over the next 2 weeks?

Thanks in advance!

I started a DM with you. Hopefully it will work

Hi - sorry I can't DM yet as I am a new member...

I am from New Zealand but visiting my partners family in Seattle for the next couple of weeks and am seeking some dive buddies. I checked out the Facebook page but couldn't see any recent posts notifying of Wednesday night dives. Are you aware of any dives planned over the next 2 weeks?

Thanks in advance!
I would suggest joining the GUE Seattle FB group and posting. You'll find it is a great community and you'll lots of options of dive sites/buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom