GUE Primer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerrod

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just took the GUE primer with a guy out of Lexington named Ed Gabe (I can give you his contact information if your interested in personal training). I learned a ton and my buoyancy is so much better. I got to dive with a bp/w and in my personal opinion, having rented a lot of gear, this is the best rig for me.

We did the primer out at Joe's. The water had 20-25 ft of viz but it is getting cold. 0-15 ft was 79-83. At 27 feet my thermometer measured 71 but my core started shaking and I had to come up; it had to have been 65 or less.

Anyone here doing DIR or similar configuration? I would like to meet others into tech diving. I would like to take the GUE fundamentals next spring. Anyone interested in doing that with me?

Thanks,
Jerrod

Congratulations on the class! I've heard great things about Ed as a teacher.

I don't know precisely where you are, but you might contact elvisisalive here on SB. Elvis is a great guy (yes, that IS his name) and took Fundies in Florida a couple of years ago. He has worked with Ed and likes him. It would give you somebody reasonably sympathetic to dive with.

Back
Top Bottom