DIR- GUE GUE CCR Progression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccrprospect

Contributor
Reaction score
So I noticed something interesting:

GUE CCR 1 certifies you to a maximum depth of 100ft/30 meters. CCR 2 lists only CCR 1 as a prerequisite plus a minimum of 50 rebreather dives beyond CCR 1 certification, of which 25 must be deeper than 30 meters.

How does that make sense? Surely they cannot be advocating diving beyond your certification level…

When you pass ccr1 the first 25 dives the limits are: max depth 30 meter and no deco.

After 25 dives the limits are: max 51 meter depth and max 30 minutes deco.(tech 1 limits)

Max scrubbertime 200 minutes.

When you are a cave 2 diver you can use your ccr in a cave, but it depends on who is your instructor. There are also instructors who are telling you need ccr cave for cavediving.

In a cave there is no deco limit for a cave 2 diver, only a depth limit.

Yeah, what he said. CCR1 is a 30m limit for the 1st 25 dives (honor system) then Tech1 limits apply. 200min max scrubber time. How it applies to cave was being changed to cave CCR required last I heard, but was definately included at one point and a bit of a gray area at another. CCR2 now includes more OC work.

As noted above... with the caveat, that helium is required below 30m (actually well below that).. You'll know when you are ready to use the unit with trimix DIL, the 25 dives is just more of a guideline of when you may be comfortable in doing so, to your Tech 1 diving limits.

_R

Thanks. Does CCR 2 work on the same concept - 75 meters (cert limit) to 100 meters (after 25 dives)? I cannot imagine that CCR 2, that mythically difficult course, would limit you more than a typical mod 3 course…

Thanks. Does CCR 2 work on the same concept - 75 meters (cert limit) to 100 meters (after 25 dives)? I cannot imagine that CCR 2, that mythically difficult course, would limit you more than a typical mod 3 course…
Don't think GUE will limit you, you yourself might if you're wise. Limits exist only during courses and as entry level for the next course.

Actually it does:
after CCR 2 the limits are 75m, 60min of unadjusted deco
after 25 CCR 2 dives this progresses to 90m, 90min of unadjusted deco
after 25 dives within this range depth and decompression duration are "unlimited"

But there is no "diving" or "GUE" police...
Like AJ stated, if your wise, you will limit yourself.

Actually it does:
after CCR 2 the limits are 75m, 60min of unadjusted deco
after 25 CCR 2 dives this progresses to 90m, 90min of unadjusted deco
after 25 dives within this range depth and decompression duration are "unlimited"

But there is no "diving" or "GUE" police...
Like AJ stated, if your wise, you will limit yourself.

Same as Tech 2 actually!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom