Guardian Full Face Mask.....New product from DEMA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will try and get some pics soon, Im trying to get them to send me a DEMO for a little while....Who is them, you ask?

OTS has come out with an AGA competitor. Looks just like the AGA, but has these cool new features and upgrades, plus with a $799 price tag, its very very attractive.

Comes standard with a Gill
Regulator comes off to be used solo, pretty easy, but nothing that could get kicked off
Double face seal vs. just a single for added comfort, seal, and better fitting of all faces
Comes in multiple colors for your dive team, blue and gray, blue and black, yellow and black, too many colors...

And guess how much the repair kit is......AGA: $140 or so....Guardian....$40!!!!

Looks almost identical and will still incorporate into your systems you already have inplace, but has alot more features!!

Be on the lookout, or feel free to get in touch with me as its about 4-6 months out, but thats just before the new budget season....Will try and post some more pics when I get them...

REALLY NICE BTW....and is really pissing off Interspiro whose patent I think finally came up and wasnt expecting this :D

PM me if your interested as I want to get a big group buy and get an awesome price out to all PSD teams across the country....Obviously, this would not be a commitement, but some intent as it gets closer to coming out and as we learn more about it....

It's so new it is not on their web site. There are photos under the thread by the ScubaBoard guy that was at DEMA.

Click here --->

Im going to get in touch with them today and try and get some better pics and more info for you guys...keep your fingers crossed, I might even be able to get a demo to send around for viewing :wink:

But like Mud said, its so new and they only had a couple at the show, so its a bit hush hush right now

Thanks for the pics Mudd.

As the original poster indicated, we pre-announced our new FFM at DEMA. We are very excited with how well it was received and availability is targeted for 2nd Quarter of 2008. We wanted to use DEMA to talk with prospective customers, get their feedback, and incorporate it into the final product.

As with any new 'pre-release', a few misconceptions exist and the product is going through a few minor tweaks (like changing the mask strap material's elasticity and adding a clear skirt).

OTS' Guardian FFM is targeted the Sport Market and as such is not competing with the AGA. We did this by creating a smaller oral nasal pocket and double face seals to better fit smaller faces as well as more aggressive pricing. We will only be offering a standard "semi-positive" pressure regulator, not a positive pressure regulator and our skirt material will only be made of silicone. We basically looked at all of the FFMs on the market and incorporated, modified, and added features that best served the sport market.

We have been developing this mask with Interspiro's knowledge that we are targeting the sport diving market; it does not infringe on any patents; and we expect to continue to sell the Interspiro Divator "AGA", Mantis, and Kirby-Morgan FFMs as well.

Currently, the standard features include:
  • OTS' Ambient Breathing Valve (ABV)
  • removable 2nd stage for easier cleaning and storage -- can't be used w/o mask
  • a double face seal and a slightly smaller oral nasal cavity, fitting most small and large faces
  • 2nd stage comes off the right shoulder and uses a standard LP hose (included)
  • comes with OTS' new padded mask storage bag
  • skirt colors: blue, high-viz yellow, blue, and clear; regulator and frame colors: black, blue, red, and pink
  • includes a communications port for easy installation of OTS' communications equipment

We are exploring additional features as well as working with other manufacturers to incorporate their equipment to make it even more attractive to sport divers.

Having dived the mask myself, I can attest to its comfort and fit.

As for pictures, in addition to the ones posted SB, we should have more available shortly. We will be launching a completely new website in the next few weeks. So check our FORUM here on SB and/or our website to learn more.

Dive Safe

Craig

I like this!
[*]2nd stage comes off the right shoulder and uses a standard LP hose (included)

Would prefer the surface vent to be mounted on the front in the nose pocket however... Could this design incorporate that with the EMA2? >> less CO2 buildup (theroretically)

I like this!

Would prefer the surface vent to be mounted on the front in the nose pocket however... Could this design incorporate that with the EMA2? >> less CO2 buildup (theroretically)

Actually, the position and design of the ABV allows for much better CO2 washout then that of a vent in the oral/nasal. The valve on the inside of the ABV provides for directional flow of air as opposed to pushing and pulling of air through a vent such as the Sartek SBV.

Yeah, I've heard this explanation but thats not really what I'm refering to... The effort of drawing air through the vent, around the mask and throught the nose pocket check valves will increase WOB vs directly through the nose/mouth pocket itself. This is what I meant by increased CO2.
Is it a huge difference? Obviously not much...
Also, hearing the diver talk on the surface (without comms) is a bit easier -- in case anyone is ever interested in what he'd have to say anyway:D

The WOB Isn't that bad. I've used both the ABV and the other one that's on the front/where the PTT button is. The ABV is WAY better at pulling a bit of air across the face and defogging it too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom