Question Guam - weekday boats, or shore diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
explore_DMC

explore_DMC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be in Guam for a work next week and plan to squeeze in some dives, but can will only be able to dive Monday-Friday. Based on web searches, it seems all the boats go out on the weekends (typical) and I cannot find any specific information on shore diving access.

Does anyone know of boats going out during the week? If not, anything specific on shore sites? I'm sure I can rent a tank somewhere, but I'm hoping to have an idea of where to go and get in the water. Assuming currents are not horrible, I'm good with a 20+ minute surface swim to get on a site.

MDA has daily boats - 42fters. The sites are captain's choice and they run $40 - $50 for a two tank dive. They can be contacted via email at retail@mdaguam.com MDA is the largest dive op on island and has full rental/service/retail available. They also offer a free guided shore dive on Saturday and Sunday. We are always up for night dives during the week as well - we work during the week. The water is calm enough that we can dive at any time.

I did e-mail info@mdaguam based on the website but received no response. I'll try that e-mail address as well. It sounds like you work there?

I'll only be there for the week so can only dive Monday - Friday. I'll need to be out of the water Friday by 1pm to have my 24 hours before flight out Saturday.

Very late response. Axe Murder Tours did pretty well for me in the past. Smaller than MDA but I would ping them if you aren’t getting a response from MDA. No one is likely to run a boat with one diver but you might see what they have on the books

That's a pretty good week...I miss those days. What dives did you do from the boat? And what did you think of them? (I was one of the initial boat crew/divemasters when Sea Fantasy hit the water back around '96...that's her hull in my profile pic)

Crevice, blue hole, and two others I don’t recall. 1 just outside harbor along manmade jetty and 1 inside. They were okay…nothing spectacular or special, but I found a lot of good little critters.

Well, you hit the "big two." The one outside the harbor might have been "Blue and White" and the one inside probably Double Reef if on the Navy side, or American Tanker or Seabee Junkyard maybe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom