GT3/CDX-5 vs. GT3/CDX-5 DVT

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

u/h2oguy

Reaction score
Looking for comments/opinions on whether or not the Drive Valve Technology is really worth it on a reg.
Since you are getting an annual service each year anyways does it make sense for the DVT?
I have noticed that it's about $100 difference between DVT and non-DVT.

Have you ever forgotten to put the dust cap on your reg before rinsing it? Doing it once will negate the savings of not getting the DVT.

I have 3 Delta IV/FDX10s, all have the DVT.

Whether it's helped yet or not, I don't know. But for that one time I forget.............

You might also want to consider the "behind-the-scenes" aspect of the annual service. I can't speak for all Scuba Equipment Technicians, but I, personally would much rather work on a regulator that was equipped with both the environmental kit and the DVT rather than those without. I have seen regulators that, on the outside, look like they were just pulled from the box only to open them up and finding parts that are corroded to the point of major overhaul.
All in all I think you can expect quicker turnaround when the regulator is serviced.

Back
Top Bottom