Growin' Gills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello! I'm a new diver in the diving community.

I've completed the book work and pool dives for Open Water, Nitrox, and Dry Suiting. (Lake dives are on hold, water is currently only 40 degrees, buuurrr!) I've started my Advanced Open Water bookwork, and I'm interested in doing Rescue Diver, Cave and Cavern Diver, Deep Diver, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Solo Diver, Underwater Navigation, and Wreck Diver.

I've dove in a 5mm wet suit and a Cordura horizontal zipper dry suit. I'm really interested in the technical gear and diving. I really like the stainless back plate with wing, and I'm looking into either double tank or side mount stages.

I've only had one experience with using a drysuit with the BCD underwater. It was my dry suit pool session, so I know it is much different than a lake or ocean setting, but I'm not sure I like it much. I did have several unforeseen circumstances which lead to problems upon problems and didn't allow for the best of times, however, I am planning to try dry suiting again soon in a lake to get a better opinion.

I look forward to being part of your community which I have relied upon many times for answers as a guest.
If you have any suggestions, I would be more than glad to hear them. I love stories too! Thank you so much.

Seems to me that you need to get more experience actually diving before starting on your open water.

Great to see such enthusiasm !!!
I might suggest that you spend more time dry in the pool getting comfortable and working out the issues in a controlled enviroment with a mentor or proper class... taking it to an open water setting before you are comfortable will probably not improve your opinion and could lead to even more dangerous "problems".

Welcome, Emily!

nice to be so enthusiastic, but... slow down (just little bit). Sometime is good a take one step after another

clear waters and safe dives

Back
Top Bottom