Grouper Moon by Cynthia Shaw

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

covediver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Imagine a talking Nassau grouper on a swim of self discovery, throw in a Carribean island kid from a down-to-earth family on the verge of discoveing the mystery of the underwater world set against the backdrop of fishing and development interests and you have the basic outline of Grouper Moon. This is an absolutely wonderful sotry written and illustrated b Cynthia Shaw. Cooper, the friendly Nassau grouper, is coming of age while the island kid Renny is exploring the wonders if the coral reef. Their paths cross in a magical grotto where marine life speaks and divers don't need to worry about breathing. This is really the story of the natural history of groupers and the changing environment due to fishing and development in the Carribean and its implications for reef conservation. These issues are explored from the point of view of the fish and humans without being preachy or offering judgements. The result is a delightful book written for kids that adults will enjoy just as much. I purchased this book a couple of youngsters. Looks like they are going to have to wait until I order another; this one is staying on my bookshelf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom