Group buy on parts for O2 analyzer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danw2002

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok all, I am an electronic parts scrounger and builder for many years (even have a patent). How many of you are interested in going in on a group buy for all the parts for your very own O2 analyzer? The kit price is 89.00 plus shipping, and I think I can get below that and maybe some cooler things inside. I just need some numbers of interested people so I can gauge quantity and interest, then I will see what I can come up with and how much I can save us all. I even have some cool ideas for making it smaller and easier to use. But that will depend on numbers. E-me straight if you want to be put on the starting list and then we will see. I am not really interested in making any money, just that I will have to get most of this anyway and if I have some good numbers I can get better supplies….OTAY? :confused:

Will the kit you are planning include assy instructions and a box? I would be interested especially if you could include everything required for analyzing a tank- fittings, sensor protective cover, etc. From looking at another site that sells the kits it looked like there are some other parts needed to make the unit functional.

that is the expensive part of the equation. You will need to be able to get the price of the sensor down to get the total price down significantly.

BTW.... that should not be done by purchasing used sensors :D

yknot once bubbled...
everything required for analyzing a tank- fittings, sensor protective cover, etc. .
T he sampler couldnt be standard because there are so many different options everyone needs something different .some people like to sample off the inflator hose but people with the octo built into the inflator cant do that unless they come up with an adaptor and some people with din valves like to use an adapter to sample directly from the tank valve.and Uncle Pugs comment about the sensor is good. 80-90% of the cost of the kit is sensor and I would rather not try to cut corners there .
Joens

I am looking to do the whole thing, even the wire. and new everything, for sure the sensors. as i said to some one by PM, i would like to be able to do some cool Silk screen and such, but that all depends on the numbers i get into. so come on everyone, here is the chance. this will be every thing needed to do one yourself, all you will need is to do the work of putting it together. i may even get the boxes pre cut out, again if the numbers are there....so let me know.....:D

and yes, i am wanting to at leas have the basic adpters and Ts to start with and then you could go from there depending on your needs. and they would come with put together instructions for the basic unit and plus any things i end up changing on it....so lets hear it everyone, if this is to work i need some numbers so we can get the cost down on it all, and i will be using a very good brand name O2 sensor, so it can be replaced easy enough down the road, this unit is not going to be a though away unit. and one more thing, if enough of you want it also, i can group buy a nice WP case for it all to go in. again it just depends what we all want and a what total cost....OTAY>>...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom