Groceries on a Saturday. The cupboards were bare...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wildbill9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Last trip we went grocery shopping the day we arrived...Sat. The store looked like a snow scare. No produce, seriously no melons no apples no lettuce no bread no bacon..... Store was a barren waste land. Is this normal? Yes I know everything is brought in by barge. Is this typical for a Saturday? We went back on Tuesday and am was good.. Thanks Bill

would not be surprising considering the population of bonaire. if something missed the boat, then its out till the next one.

Oh Bonaire. Of course. Silly me.

I noticed when we were there in October the shelves were a lighter than usual, even for Bonaire. Items that are typically staples for us there, like the little breakfast links, certain breads and cereals, were missing all week. As was most fruit, including bananas.

it was Van den Tweel, had to visit 3 different stores just to get enough for breakfast

The situation in Venezuela must have some effect, especially with fresh fruit, vegetables and eggs.

VDT stocks on Tuesdays. If the island is busy it’s usual for the store to be a bit decimated by sat..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom