Grenada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not sure if you're still thinking about grenada but i just got back from a weekend of diving there. we stayed at the siesta hotel for $60/night including tax. it was nothing fancy but was clean and had cold AC, fridge and tv. they also have a restaurant and a nice pool. it is about a 5 min. walk from the siesta to both ecodive and aquanauts dive centers. we dove with ecodive. all in all a good operation, they had a nice boat with lots of room and they only took 5 people when we were there. we went for the bianca C and it was nice. i would recommend at least 3 dives to do the whole thing. the veronica L was a very nice wreck with lots of large schooling jacks. purple rain was a nice drift dive with tons of coral. i was pleasantly surprised with the diving, i had read poor reviews before going but i think as long as you're not expecting little caymen it's a nice place. the only problem i had was that one of the dive guides insisted in sitting in barrel sponges every time we came across them. i thought that was a thing of the past, ecodive might not be an appropriate name for the operation.

I posted this last week in another thread
++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I dove in Grenada in October 2006. I stayed a True Blue for about a week and dover 3-4 days with Aquanats. I thought they were very professional and ran a good dive operation. The crew and dive guides were friendly and helpful.

I like True Blue as a hotel -- nice rooms, relaxing atmosphere. I would recommend going elsewhere to eat though. The restaurant was average and the service not great -- below average all week and then topped off by an unpleasant incident with the way they treated our liveaboard group during our last night dinner. It did not seem that they could have been run by the same friendly people as the hotel.

I dove for a week on the Wind Dancer in Grenada and the Grenadines. I enjoyed the diving and was surprised by the quality of some sites. Others were average -- we noted dead coral on a number of sites (it seemed to be species specific). I would summarize by saying the diving was good but not great. However, if I'm diving in warm water, I tend to be in a happy state!

The quality of the Aquanats operation far surpassed the Wind Dancer. I'd go back to Grenada for a land-based holiday with some diving, but for a liveaboard, I would pick another location and another boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom