Grenada v St Lucia?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reefterp

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone dove both these islands and could tell me how they compare to each other and other places? Or make a different suggestion in the Caribbean?

For the diving we're looking for warm water, good viz, healthy reefs, abundant marine life, and dive sites that are accessible from short boat rides (not a fan of shore diving unless it's a house reef, and we needed heavy drugs to manage motion sickness on the one liveaboard we've tried). We have previously dove the Great Barrier Reef, Bonaire, Roatan, Key Largo, Hawaii (Oahu & Big Island) and SE Florida and want to try somewhere new. AOW certified, 120+ dives but this will be our first dive trip (and REAL vacation) in 7 years after small children have left us sidelined for a while.

Topside we're looking for an all inclusive resort (bonus points if it's adults only), located on a beautiful beach with a pool and onsite dive op. Ideal vacation would be 2 tank morning boat dives followed by afternoon on the beach taking a nap or reading a book . Budget up to $3000 pp for 1 week not including airfare. I know Sandals would fit the bill on either island but want to hear more about the actual diving in those places and if there are better resorts/islands you can recommend. The only place I don't want to consider is Mexico; have been to Cozumel and not a fan. Thank you!

Dove both this last Jan off a cruise ship so only 2 dives each island. Enjoyed both St Lucia and Grenada diving. Reefs seemed to be in good shape with a lot of marine life. My wife is a non diver and would go back to spent a week in St Lucia over Grenada.

I lived in St Lucia for a year as a dive instructor, and Grenada is my go to vacation destination. So I have plenty of experience with both. I love Grenada, because I love the dive operator there. That said, for what you asked for, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend st. Lucia.

There are a number of all inclusive couples only resorts, including sandals, Rendezvous, and calabash cove. The corals on the southern sites are excellent, and the fish life is reasonable for the Caribbean.

Both are great. Grenada has more in the way of wrecks if that's what floats your boat.

I lived in St Lucia for a year as a dive instructor, and Grenada is my go to vacation destination. So I have plenty of experience with both. I love Grenada, because I love the dive operator there. That said, for what you asked for, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend st. Lucia.

There are a number of all inclusive couples only resorts, including sandals, Rendezvous, and calabash cove. The corals on the southern sites are excellent, and the fish life is reasonable for the Caribbean.

Wookie, what is the dive op you recommend for Grenada

Wookie, what is the dive op you recommend for Grenada
I've stayed at True Blue Grenada a few times and I dive with Aquanauts. They are a full service dive shop offering everything from 3 boats to instruction to trimix to rebreather support, although I do not dive trimix with them. They dive the Bianca C once a week, and have a number of other wrecks, real and purpose sunk in diving depths. I like the reefs, although they are not as good (IMO) as St Lucia or Roatan, but I really like reef diving. Wrecks are OK I guess, but I really prefer reefs.

You do not need to stay at True Blue to use Aquanauts, they will pick you up anywhere, and service a number of other resorts.

+1 for Aquanauts in Grenada

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom