Grenada rainy season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sushi Boy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Looking at options for June and Grenada is at the top of the list.

In researching, I noticed that June is listed as the beginning of the rainy season.

Being from Houston, we're not too worried about heat, humidity, and some intermittent precipitation throughout the day. I'm more concerned about losing dives to rains, though. I know that it comes down to paying your money and taking your chances, but generally speaking, how likely is it for dives to get cancelled because of weather in June?

I'm more concerned about losing dives to rains, though. I know that it comes down to paying your money and taking your chances, but generally speaking, how likely is it for dives to get cancelled because of weather in June?

Hi Sushi - Very very unlikely! I don't know if this post is already too late for you (but since we were all locked down, I'm not sure). I'll answer anyway. I live and work on one of the Grenadine Islands, Carriacou - so very close by. Down here we have the dry season - where it literally doesn't rain at all for months, and the rainy season, where we tend to get a couple of showers every day. It's nothing like the monsoon seasons you see in some parts of the world. In July/August we can get Tropical Waves or Tropical Storms come through which typically last a day or so and are both wet and a little windy - but unless the winds get up a bit, we'll all still operate.

Great info, thanks Gary! Unfortunately our trip got Covided, but we're hoping to get back there in a year or two, so I'm glad to know that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom