Grenada Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaresMan1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey all,

We are looking to take a June/July vac to Grenada/Carriacou area. Went to St Vincent and loved it. So we thought we would take a look from the other end of the islands this time. Anyone have any info on places to stay on Grenada???

We are an eclectic bunch with diverse interests. Of course we are talking about diving, but we are also interested in horseback riding, snorkling, fishing (to eat) and relaxing on nice beaches.

We were really interested in Roatan, but the malaria threat is scaring some of our group. Any info would really help. Thanks

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
Enjoy the ride
MM1 :14:

Aquanauts Grenada are a good dive op. They don't only dive on the calm Caribbean side, they dive on the Atlantic side as well. This means you can dive the King Mitch and the San Juan (or the remains of the San Juan after Ivan!), as well as the Bianca C and the Shakem. Some nice reefs, too.

Grenada is slowly getting back on its feet after Ivan, and it is a great place to visit, with plenty to offer as well as the diving. A trip to the rum distillery is a must!

Mark

Hi,
When I was in Grenada I thought the diving was good for the caribean. However that was before Ivan so my info might be out of date. I went diving with eco dive and thought they were great. I wouldn't say the snorkeling is all that good in Grenada but it does have some lovely beaches and some great places to eat. Check out these forums for more up to date info
http://grenadatravelforum.com/
http://www.grenadavisitorforum.com/forum/index.php

If you have the time you can take a ferry to cariacou for the day and go diving then take the ferry back.

Doug

Hi guys. I'm writing this from Grenada as we speak....and I'm actually based here at Aquanauts. I agree with everything that as been said about this dive center - the people are great and they have over 50 dive sites acorss the island. San Juan has been one of my favourtites as well as Northern Exposure and the marine park. Reefs have been hardly affected by hurricanes. I was in the marine park just yesterday training Aquanauts instructors here to teach Beautiful Oceans courses. The marine park still has plenty of Acropora palmata in the shallow reaches of the park, which is usually the first to so in bad weather, so as you can see the reefs were spared.

FYI Aquanauts is now a fully certified Beautiful Oceans Science Dive & Snorkel Center, teaching coral reef biology courses for recreational scuba divers and snorkelers. Our courses are also available online. To learn more visit www.beautifuloceans.com. All the best, and safe diving,

I dive. Husband doesn't. I wass hoping someone would start a forum for those of us in this situation. No takers?

We're looking at Grenada for our next dive destination. It does seem to have several elements needed for both of us to enjoy our vacation. Both of us enjoy tropical climes and we have a deep appreciation of nature in general.

Diving Egg, you sound like an enthusiastic addition to Aquanauts!

Back
Top Bottom