Greetings from Yanbu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zodixo

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi to all.

I've been using information shared here on Scubaboard for quite some time, thought its about time I not only use but contribute

Thanks to all who have helped me in the past without knowing it... information shared on this site helped me quite a lot

Looking forward to share and discuss ideas

I'm a South African living and working in Yanbu Saudi Arabia in the Refineries

Looking forward to learn and share ideas with all of you...

Welcome to SB @Zodixo

Good to see another ME diver on SB and you have some of the best diving on your doorstep :)

@Searcaigh Thanks for the welcoming....

Yeah I must say I can't complain about where I'm currently living, the diving is awesome here...

I have to ask, What is "ME diver"

Welcome! I clicked on this thread partly to find out what 'Yanbu' was. Hope you'll post some trip reports.

Richard.

Big welcome, @Zodixo .

Great diving in Yanbu. Very pleasant memories. Soooo much cleaner than Jeddah, too.

Mates of mine are there now, up from Jeddah.

If you see a few divers this weekend with some pricey looking camera rigs, one is likely Hans Sjoelhom, a seasoned UW photographer for National Geographic and other serious publications.

Keep us posted on your dive adventures….Yanbu is a really nice place to dive and visit.

Welcome! I clicked on this thread partly to find out what 'Yanbu' was. Hope you'll post some trip reports.

Richard.
For sure

Big welcome, @Zodixo .

Great diving in Yanbu. Very pleasant memories. Soooo much cleaner than Jeddah, too.

Mates of mine are there now, up from Jeddah.

If you see a few divers this weekend with some pricey looking camera rigs, one is likely Hans Sjoelhom, a seasoned UW photographer for National Geographic and other serious publications.

Keep us posted on your dive adventures….Yanbu is a really nice place to dive and visit.
What a shame I'm on standby the weekend, would have been awesome to meet them,

Thanks for the welcoming

Hi to all.

I've been using information shared here on Scubaboard for quite some time, thought its about time I not only use but contribute

Thanks to all who have helped me in the past without knowing it... information shared on this site helped me quite a lot

Looking forward to share and discuss ideas

I'm a South African living and working in Yanbu Saudi Arabia in the Refineries

Looking forward to learn and share ideas with all of you...
Hi, I'm also a South African (living abroad) and am planning travel to Saudi in February for work. I've long wanted to dive in Saudi (particularly Yanbu) and am pretty excited to be visiting. That said, having spent quite a bit of time on the net, I am struggling to find an operator to schedule day trips in Yanbu (there seems to be reliable group in Jeddah). I am a DM (but don't work as one) and won't have all my gear with me i.e. will need to rent some gear (eg.a regulator). Separately, does anyone arrange transfers (eg. Medina to Al Ula, Medina to Yanbu or Jeddah)? Any input or suggestions are certainly appreciated.

Welcome

Many years ago, I attended college and became lifelong friends with a number of South Africans...Good and Great people!

They introduced me to the book Washing of the Spears about the Zulus
Which was verified by the timeless movie Zulu which I have viewed a number of times. I just never tire of that movie

SDM

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom