Greetings from windy Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaBobCancun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Greetings from currently windy Cancun. I am a PADI MSDT and am a semi-retired businessman. I moved to Cancun in 2016 and have been working with Ocean Reef Group to establish a regular training program in Playa del Carmen (mainland area for accessing Cozumel) for teaching Instructors and divers how to properly fit, use and teach using an IDM (Integrated Dive Mask). If you are not familiar with IDMs and their advantages then you should check them out either at the Ocean Reef web site (www.oceanreefgroup.com) or at www.scubabobphoto.com. I was hooked within 5 minutes of the first dive. No fogging, no leaking, improved visibility and added safety. (If you become unconscious underwater you will have a greater chance of NOT drowning because you will be able to continue to breath as there is no regulator to fall out of your mouth.) If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line. And consider coming down to Cancun between June and September for the Whale Shark Festival. Nothing much cooler than snorkeling with 200 whale sharks!

And consider coming down to Cancun between June and September for the Whale Shark Festival. Nothing much cooler than snorkeling with 200 whale sharks!

Great information about the IDM's and Whale Shark Festival. That sounds awesome. I've never been to Cancun and that sounds like a great dive to experience!

Last edited:
Greetings from currently windy Cancun. I am a PADI MSDT and am a semi-retired businessman. I moved to Cancun in 2016 and have been working with Ocean Reef Group to establish a regular training program in Playa del Carmen (mainland area for accessing Cozumel) for teaching Instructors and divers how to properly fit, use and teach using an IDM (Integrated Dive Mask). If you are not familiar with IDMs and their advantages then you should check them out either at the Ocean Reef web site (www.oceanreefgroup.com) or at www.scubabobphoto.com. I was hooked within 5 minutes of the first dive. No fogging, no leaking, improved visibility and added safety. (If you become unconscious underwater you will have a greater chance of NOT drowning because you will be able to continue to breath as there is no regulator to fall out of your mouth.) If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line. And consider coming down to Cancun between June and September for the Whale Shark Festival. Nothing much cooler than snorkeling with 200 whale sharks!
Thanks so much for the info. You just added a lot to our trip to Cancun in September. I dive she snorkels

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom