Greetings from Tulsa, OK where we are TOO far from an ocean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PoppaDave

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Last summer my oldest daughter graduated high school, and wanted to become SCUBA certified for her graduation gift. We already had a trip to the Caribbean planned. She is now in college at Oklahoma State working towards a degree in Wildlife Ecology. She eventually wants to get her Masters in Marine Biology. Since she needed a dive buddy, I took the classes with her.

On our trip, we dove twice in Roatan, Honduras and twice in Cozumel, Mexico. We are both hooked! All four were boat dives.

This summer we are going to check out a SCUBA park at Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma as a refresher. We have a trip booked to Kona, Hawaii in September. Other dives earlier in the summer will depend on vacation time and finances.

I am audiovisual manager at a hotel in Tulsa. My dream is to retire to Bonaire, Belize, or some other tropical location with lots of diving opportunities.

Thanks for the link! Hopefully we can join you on a few lake dives this summer.

Back
Top Bottom