Greetings from SoCal!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Regulated

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello new friends,

I’ve been an intermittent diver for nearly 50 years. First certified in the early 1970s, but landlocked at the time. Avid SoCal shore and boat diver in the 1980s and ‘90s, mainly in search of abalone and legal-size calico bass. Some dive and UW photo travel to French Polynesia, Florida Keys and Cozumel. (Gigantor plexiglas housing for a Nikon film SLR. Ha!) Convinced my wife to get OW and AOW certs, though she outsmarted me and put the kibosh on diving while we raised kids.

Fast forward 25 years. Getting ready to retire at the end of 2022. Reactivating AOW cert and adding Nitrox. Gearing up for warm water diving and some digital photography. No more thick wetsuits or hoods, ever!

See you on the boat.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. Glad you're in a place where you don't have to fly for good diving (though that's a good option, too).

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom