Greetings from San Francisco

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jaut626

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jimmy and I live in South San Francisco. I just received my open water certification last year and hopefully getting my advance divers course this year. I am looking to meet new divers so I have someone to go diving with. Cheers!

Hello all,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jimmy and I live in South San Francisco. I just received my open water certification last year and hopefully getting my advance divers course this year. I am looking to meet new divers so I have someone to go diving with. Cheers!

Welcome Jimmy.
I may be a bit early in asking you this...: Where does one dive in the Bay area. I may have a reason to visit this year. May need a rental car and prefer good shore diving (if there are places for it) over costly boat diving - not as a matter of preference, just for budget reasons.

Welcome Jimmy.
I may be a bit early in asking you this...: Where does one dive in the Bay area. I may have a reason to visit this year. May need a rental car and prefer good shore diving (if there are places for it) over costly boat diving - not as a matter of preference, just for budget reasons.

Hello Schwaeble, Monterey Bay is the closest and easiest (usually, relatively) bet for shore diving here. For starters check out Northern California diving here on SB.

Hello all,

Welcome aboard Jimmy!

Hello Schwaeble, Monterey Bay is the closest and easiest (usually, relatively) bet for shore diving here. For starters check out Northern California diving here on SB.
Thanks. Sometimes I seem to need a little help to find the blatantly obvious...

Thanks. Sometimes I seem to need a little help to find the blatantly obvious...
We all do at times! The power of the board, for Good!

Welcome Jimmy.

Hello Schwaeble! The only good place I know is Monterey Bay. It's a nice area and you will see groups of divers there on the weekends but the water is cold. I recommend a 7mm wetsuit if you are planning to go.

Hello KevinG58! Nice to meet you. Do you usually dive in Monterey also?
I split my bottom time between Monterey and the Channel Islands. Once or twice a year I head off to a warm water destination.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom