Greetings from Old York!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings and welcome.

I recall someone here once being confused by the old and New Jerseys, so "Old York" seems just fine to me.

Suburb of T.O.? (Toronto, for non Raptor fans).

OK, we all want to know. There's a York, Pennsylvania, too, and probably others, though York, PA is newer than New York City.

Suburb of T.O.? (Toronto, for non Raptor fans).
Why, what, something going on with the Raptors these days?
:)
If you are a fan, good luck!

@Seaweed Doc : York = city; Yorkshire = county - two different things although York the city is the capital of Yorkshire the county. If he's here for sweets, then my call is that he's a fellow Brit. Sweets = candy for the State-side folk. DIY isn't that common in the US either I believe - Do-It-Yourself acronym.

Anyway, welcome MrPudding, or should that be MrPuddin'?!!! Now I've got a hankering for a Yorkshire Pudding with all the trimmings!

@Seaweed Doc : York = city; Yorkshire = county - two different things although York the city is the capital of Yorkshire the county. If he's here for sweets, then my call is that he's a fellow Brit. Sweets = candy for the State-side folk. DIY isn't that common in the US either I believe - Do-It-Yourself acronym.

Anyway, welcome MrPudding, or should that be MrPuddin'?!!! Now I've got a hankering for a Yorkshire Pudding with all the trimmings!
I've been to York. Love York Minster. I could do without the olfactory experience of the Jorvik Viking Museum, though!

I meant "York in Yorkshire" as opposed to York, Ontario or another "old York." I wrote too hastily, perhaps....

There's also "pudding" as any dessert, not just what would get called pudding in N. America. But sticky toffee pudding will beat Yorkshire pudding for me! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom