Greetings from NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sbl212

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi, I've been lurking around here for a bit and thought I'd join.
I'm new to diving, just started a month ago in Roatan.
I was there doing dives for 3 weeks for a study abroad course for school.
Took a PADI OW course and completed a little more than 30 dives.
Hoping to learn as much as I can.

Thanks!

Welcome aboard, what part of New York are you from?

Hey sb! Up here in the Saratoga Springs area. Did all of my certs in Lake George last summer. Was in Roatan off a cruise ship the beginning of January but the dive trip there got cancelled due to the weather. But going to Key West in a week for a week. If you are interested in doing Lake George in the summer and can get up for a weekend day or two, let me know and I can hook you up with a charter.

That would be great!
I was there early to mid in January and there was a big storm maybe you come in then.

sb, yeah, I was there early January. Crap weather, but so it goes. Anyway, about Lake George. Do you want me to post the contact for the charter to you here? He can take about eight on his boat, so obviously the earlier you book the better. I went with him almost every weekend to get my dives up after certification. Late July and August are best for temps but you will still need a 7mm suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom