Greetings from North Texas!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats.s on the OW cert.! Hope you'll post a trip report about the Oahu trip; I've never been to Hawaii.

Richard.

Welcome to diving! Certified in November? Same month as I completed my cert (several years ago).

Congrats.s on the OW cert.! Hope you'll post a trip report about the Oahu trip; I've never been to Hawaii.

Richard.
Thanks! Will definitely plan on a trip report. I have dives on 3 days planned with 2 different dive companies (Kaimana and Reef Pirates) because I heard good things about both groups.

Welcome to diving! Certified in November? Same month as I completed my cert (several years ago).
Almost! October 30th :)

Great to have you onboard. Hope you have a wonderful, fulfilling and safe dive life. What caused you decide to take the leap of faith over to the dive side?

Thanks! Will definitely plan on a trip report. I have dives on 3 days planned with 2 different dive companies (Kaimana and Reef Pirates) because I heard good things about both groups.
Welcome to the obsession!

I haven't dove with Reef Pirates, but am very confident you will have a great time with Kaimana. @scottitheduck runs a great operation.

Great to have you onboard. Hope you have a wonderful, fulfilling and safe dive life. What caused you decide to take the leap of faith over to the dive side?
Thanks! That’s a great question. I guess really I have to ask myself why I’ve waited so long to start :). Maybe it’s because this is the furthest I’ve ever lived away from water.

Thanks! That’s a great question. I guess really I have to ask myself why I’ve waited so long to start :). Maybe it’s because this is the furthest I’ve ever lived away from water.
For about 5 years, I'd hang out in his boat, while him and his buddies went diving. They'd often come back with bags of sunglasses and other loot they found. Then at one point I just forced myself to get a cert. I always enjoyed "chilling" underwater; often just slowly swimming while holding my breath, and yet I kept putting it off. I always wanted to SCUBA, but I guess the cost (and procrastination) was probably what held me back.

Now I've been doing it several years, and loving it! I'm even doing SideMount.

We have awesome coral reefs here in north texas... ok, maybe not.... welcome.... :D

For about 5 years, I'd hang out in his boat, while him and his buddies went diving. They'd often come back with bags of sunglasses and other loot they found. Then at one point I just forced myself to get a cert. I always enjoyed "chilling" underwater; often just slowly swimming while holding my breath, and yet I kept putting it off. I always wanted to SCUBA, but I guess the cost (and procrastination) was probably what held me back.

Now I've been doing it several years, and loving it! I'm even doing SideMount.
I hear ya. I grew up surfing and body surfing and always found it weirdly peaceful underwater after being tossed by a wave.

We have awesome coral reefs here in north texas... ok, maybe not.... welcome.... :D
Haha. I can't wait to get in water with more than 5' visibility. Did the OW dives at Scuba Ranch in Terrell and it was just nothing but green :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom