Greetings from North Carolina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

toddje

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everyone! My daughter always wanted to learn to SCUBA dive. So last year in October we did our open water carts while on a cruise. It was fantastic. I’m hooked. She is too. Of course, I’m OLD - does 47 make me an old scuba diver? Looking forward to learning a lot from this community. Thanks for letting me in.

Sweet mary, I hope 47 isn't old. Welcome o the board!! Even if you are ageist towards others and possibly yourself. :)

@toddje very active dive community in the Carolinas with a lot of great diving opportunities. Where exactly are you located? Big states.
I live just south of Raleigh. Headed to Myrtle this weekend to spend some more time in the water. The cruise ship instructor was awesome, but I’m thinking a bit more instructor time won’t hurt....

Sweet mary, I hope 47 isn't old. Welcome o the board!! Even if you are ageist towards others and possibly yourself. :)
Lol - I don’t feel old. Seems like there’s some ‘extra inspection’ of everything after you hit 40 on the waivers and such.

Welcome to SB! You've got great diving in NC - Wilmington area and Morehead City/Beaufort are my favorite places to dive.

I live just south of Raleigh. Headed to Myrtle this weekend to spend some more time in the water. The cruise ship instructor was awesome, but I’m thinking a bit more instructor time won’t hurt....

make sure to also join Raleigh Area Divers and Down Under Divers on Facebook as that is an active local community.
I'd recommend contacting Rusty for some individual instruction in the Raleigh area. Tell him I sent you to contact him.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=900955716

Welcome aboard from Canada. I started at age 51 (66) now. Too bad the shore diving in NC/SC is pretty much non-existent. I did do a couple of charters in 2011 with Coastal Scuba in N. Myrtle-- pretty good.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...are you feeling younger now after reading the above?

Back
Top Bottom