Greetings from Maine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JaminBrown

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all;

I never enjoyed being in the water much, I get cold too easily. Then I remarried a few years ago and my wife is a certified Master Diver, and really good at getting me to try new things. So for our honeymoon I got a wetsuit and snorkel gear, and we spent a week in Cayman Brac snorkeling almost every day. The wetsuit made such a difference! We swam out over a wreck and I saw a turtle swimming way down below us. She told me the best way to see turtles was to learn to scuba. So after a couple years dealing with other stuff, I did.

Last year I got trained and Open Water certified through Atlantic Aquasport in Rye NH under the excellent tutelage of Walter Knoff.

Just a couple weeks ago I got back from a vacation aboard the Aqua Cat out of Nassau, Bahamas, and I am completely hooked. My next dive can't come soon enough. I got 16 dives in during the trip, and probably would have had 20 except the winds were too bad the last couple days and they had to cancel 4 of the dives. It was the best vacation I've ever had, and almost all I have have been thinking about is howto get back in the water as soon as possible.

As soon as Don opens his shop again next week I'll be calling to sign up for the Advanced Open Water course, and I'm starting to plan a trip to Cozumel for next winter.

My plan is to get all my own equipment this summer, and then have as many underwater adventures as I can.

-Jamin

welcome to the tribe, jamin.

the cravings only get worse.

Just today I was scoping Nubble Lighthouse in Maine, a favorited Dive spot. Plus, my MetroWest Dive Club friend got fabulous Nudibranch photos diving Pierce Island in NH on New Years Day that he posted to club Facebook page
EDC76F8B-28E3-4885-9189-D69ECFC809B0.jpeg

Welcome aboard from Nova Scotia. Let me know if you guys are ever in the Halifax area.

Might be a little bit of a drive, but you might be close to cape ann MA where there are a lot of good shore dives.

Back
Top Bottom