Greetings from Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JPham73

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My husband and I are novice divers, and just booked our trip to Cozumel for the end of Aug. Excited but apprehensive because I haven't been diving since 2016 when we were on Cozumel and I was in an accident. Definitely need some refreshers - maybe a shore dive is in order to kick off the trip. Look forward to getting to know ya'll!

Hit up one of the local quarries for refreshers. And of course a class if you think it is warranted.

Blue Lagoon #1, great because you can't get deeper than about 32 feet for refresher and even when it is murky it is generally light-ish.
BL #2 is murky and dark. I don't know that I have every seen clear patches.
Lake Longhorn. Parts can be clear, parts can be a murky. Can get dark. Does have fish.
Mammoth Lake, recently re-opened. Parts can be clear, parts can be a murky. Can get dark. Can get deep. I think that of late, the training platforms in Mammoth are some of the clearest water around. They are suspended at about 18 feet well above the bottom so that the students aren't kicking up a ton of silt. That said, other parts of the lake can be incredibly silty and dark. Right now, this is my favorite. Partly because of the new novelty, but also for the clarity. And unlike BL, there are fish and critters.

My husband and I are novice divers, and just booked our trip to Cozumel for the end of Aug. Excited but apprehensive because I haven't been diving since 2016 when we were on Cozumel and I was in an accident. Definitely need some refreshers - maybe a shore dive is in order to kick off the trip. Look forward to getting to know ya'll!

Hi JPham,

Let me be the first female to welcome you to Scuba Board.

I'm new here as well, members have been fabulous.

Wishing you well on your upcoming trip, hoping the ongoing pandemic doesn't interfere.

Stay well,

Rose.

Welcome to SB! :)

Mammoth Lake is a good place to check out your gears and skill refresher before going to Cozumel. I live about 10 minutes so that makes even more convenient for me.

Here is a short video of what you would expect to see in Mammoth Lake.

Hi JPham,

Let me be the first female to welcome you to Scuba Board.

I'm new here as well, members have been fabulous.

Wishing you well on your upcoming trip, hoping the ongoing pandemic doesn't interfere.

Stay well,

Rose.
Thank you! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom