Greetings from Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nmavra

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all, I'm Nick from Athens, Greece!

Half way through my OW certification, actually the last dive is tomorrow so I'm really excited about it.

I've done a few DSD in the past in Greece and Egypt (while on holidays), so it was about time I officially started the hobby!

I live in the south suburbs of Athens where lots of diving centers are located, they plan various fun dives for all certification levels so hopefully I'll get as many dives as possible during the following years. Water temp is actually quite warm, so apart from the heavy winter months (mid Dec to early March), I shouldn't be needing a drysuit, which for mainly budget-related reasons I plan to be certified with next year.

Looking forward to finally joining the discussions here, after months of reading and learning from all the great knowledge shared on this board!

Hi, I moved to Greece a year ago. I live about 1.5 hours SW of Athens, and most of my diving has been in Epidavros along with numerous shore dives near my home, and I've taken a few trips to the islands of Mykonos and Samos and dived the rocky reefs there.

For me at least, diving in the Mediterranean isn't all that special, but the great thing about being in Greece is that amazing dive destinations are only a short flight away.

Yes I agree, I mean I don't have much experience but compared to diving to the Red Sea, obviously the mediterranean isn't that rich or special.

The area does have some interesting wrecks though, so if someone is interested in those its just fine!

I'm all about the wrecks, headed to the Northern Red sea in 2 weeks.

Not too many wrecks on the Pelloponese in Greece, but I've heard of a few around Athens.

Maybe I'll run into you on a dive boat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom