Greetings from Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seppel

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My name is Sebastian. I'm 37, married, with two kids.

I got certified here in Germany in 2013, took a long break, and got back into diving in 2021.

I live near Frankfurt (a bit northeast of it), which makes regular diving a bit challenging, but I'm looking for ways to dive more often.

I'm currently PADI Rescue Diver certified and aiming to become an instructor—not to make a living from it, but because I really enjoy introducing people to diving. My goal is to occasionally help out a friend who runs a dive agency.

Looking forward to finally joining the discussions here after years of reading and learning from all the great knowledge shared on this board.

Welcome Seppel! Ich bin Amerikanerin und lerne Deutsch. Ich hoffe, eines Tages in Deutschland tauchen zu können.

My name is Sebastian. I'm 37, married, with two kids.

I got certified here in Germany in 2013, took a long break, and got back into diving in 2021.

I live near Frankfurt (a bit northeast of it), which makes regular diving a bit challenging, but I'm looking for ways to dive more often.

I'm currently PADI Rescue Diver certified and aiming to become an instructor—not to make a living from it, but because I really enjoy introducing people to diving. My goal is to occasionally help out a friend who runs a dive agency.

Looking forward to finally joining the discussions here after years of reading and learning from all the great knowledge shared on this board.
Welcome Sebastian. I am actually moving to Germany in January. I will be stationed in at Spangdahlem Air Base, so not too far from you. I am currently a NAUI OWSI and can definitely understand the passion you have for introducing others to the underwater world. Perhaps we can keep in touch and find some places to dive. I hear Hunsfels is not far from you and sounds like the perfect place to meet up and get some bottom time.

Welcome Sebastian. I am actually moving to Germany in January. I will be stationed in at Spangdahlem Air Base, so not too far from you. I am currently a NAUI OWSI and can definitely understand the passion you have for introducing others to the underwater world. Perhaps we can keep in touch and find some places to dive. I hear Hunsfels is not far from you and sounds like the perfect place to meet up and get some bottom time.
Hunsfels ist actually my favorite spot at the moment! Yeah, let's get in touch!

Guten tag! I've lived in Germany twice, as a teen dependent near K-town in 76-77 and then Bitburg in 82-84. I wasn't into tech diving back then, but I doubt Hunsfels was even open as a diving location then either. I just looked it up online, and it looks like a pretty good location. Kind of reminded me of Dutch Springs in Pennsylvania, which has changed owners and names recently.
I've been back in my home state of Florida for the past 29 years and have been cave diving since 2004 and doing underwater photography. Hab viel spass ! I hope to get back to Deutchland for a visit mit mein frau sometime fairly soon...

Hunsfels was only "created" in 2015. The quarry was planned to be retired anyway. But then in 2015 they hit an aquifer during blasting operations, which subsequently flooded the quarry much quicker than orginally planned.
You can actually dive to the underwater spring that feeds the lake in around 26m.

What I love there is, that they limit the amount of divers per day. Therefore it is nowhere as crowded as other divesport in germany.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom