Greetings from Germany

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

welcome. how was egypt?

Well, Egypt was good until it was decided to close all airports. It was really apprehensive until it became clear that tourists would been flown out. But still then, information seemed to change every hour. It was certainly a relief when the plane lifted from the airway despite knowing that we would fly to a different Germany than we had left. The organization, security, check-in, passport control aso. at Hurghada airport was good.

best wishes Jens

Hallo, wie gehst? Weird times around the globe...welcome to the board!

Hello everybody, as a precaution measure my employer ordered me to stay home and work from there. Reason is that I had been on vacation in Egypt. No symptoms sofar. :). Best wished to everybody out there.

Glad to have you join us. I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Cruise around the board, check out threads of interest and post away.

Currently there is a lot of focus on the virus but we still want and need to talk diving.

Well, Egypt was good until it was decided to close all airports. It was really apprehensive until it became clear that tourists would been flown out. But still then, information seemed to change every hour. It was certainly a relief when the plane lifted from the airway despite knowing that we would fly to a different Germany than we had left. The organization, security, check-in, passport control aso. at Hurghada airport was good.

best wishes Jens

You were lucky to make it out in time, a lot of tourists were stranded ( and possibly still are ) after they've shut down the borders.

The reason i know this is because they were coming in the hundreds to our border trying to cross

Hello,

You were lucky to make it out in time, a lot of tourists were stranded ( and possibly still are ) after they've shut down the borders.

The reason i know this is because they were coming in the hundreds to our border trying to cross

Thanks four your congrats. Well, I did not really unterstand why Egypt (and other countries) closed its borders for tourists leaving the country. Preventing new people from entering the country I understand. But closing hotel, hostel aso., as happened in some countries, and closing the airports? What are tourists supposed to do in such circumstances? I feel pity for tourists still stranded somewhere. Let the people travel home, get them tested at home or put in quarantine when at home. Btw, corona is allover the world, not just a couple countries. More solidarity and less egoism might pay off in the long run (not that Germany is playing the best part in this game at the moment).

Best wishes Jens

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom