Greetings from El Salvador

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrzwicke

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Greetings everyone!

My wife and I recently obtained our OW certification (Pacific Paradise Divers-PADI) here in El Salvador where we live. This was something we both had on our "bucket lists" and we are very excited about starting out on our new dive adventures.

Being that we are new to the diving community I have been hitting the youtube video hard (I know..don't always believe everything you see on youtube) in effort to seek additional knowledge and wisdom. Many of the videos refer to scuba board.com, so I figure I would give this a try.

So, in a nutshell, I'm here seeking knowledge and wisdom from my fellow diving community.

howdy and welcome from southeast florida usa...congratulations on your new adventure...remember there is no substitution for experience.

Welcome, there is a wealth of knowledge available here on the board!

Welcome.

There is lots of knowledge here - and you may also be a source of knowledge about diving in El Salvador

About 6 years ago I visited el Pulgarcito (my wife is from El Salvador). I looked around for information. There's a Central America forum on this board, but I found very little about El Salvador. If you post any information about diving in El Salvador there, im sure other travelers will greatly appreciate it. (It may be that the outfit you mention above is new - I didn't see them when I was looking)

I couldn't arrange any ocean diving while I was there. Its seems there is diving out of Los Cobanos, but it was sporadic. Mainly, it seemed like folks dived the two caldera lakes -- but Im mainly interested in ocean diving.

It just upset me to be in 85 deg F ocean water with no scuba plans.

Welcome again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom