Greetings from E. Bay, CA, USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ACHiPo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi. I’m getting back into SCUBA after many years of occasional resort diving.

I got my basic open water cert in the 80s with Tom Leaird/YMCA as a HS junior, and gold advanced cert in Indiana quarries to join my HS buddy’s family on vacation at their place in Belize. I never made it to Belize, but we did have a great trip to Key Largo with many dives in Pennekamp State Park. A few quarry dives over the college years before moving to PNW after college.

Water temp and family obligations restricted diving to occasional work/vacation dives with dive masters for the past many years.

A trip to Tahiti in 2019 rekindled the passion, and I’m looking forward to a trip to the Tuomotus next year to continue the adventure.

Welcome to scubaboard!
You mentioned water temps so I won’t push as far as saying to try some diving here. But if for some slim reason you do, great!, go to Monterey. The breakwater would be a great get wet again shore dive.
Anyway, welcome back to diving!

Welcome to scubaboard!
You mentioned water temps so I won’t push as far as saying to try some diving here. But if for some slim reason you do, great!, go to Monterey. The breakwater would be a great get wet again shore dive.
Anyway, welcome back to diving!
Eric,
Thanks! I just finished reading the GUE book and it has me thinking about trying to tackle some non-divemaster (resort) dives, but only after getting my new gear, going through Nitrox certification, and doing at least one refresher pool or open water dive under close supervision to get my "sea legs" back.

Evan

Back
Top Bottom