Greetings from cold Poland :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Magda M

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,
I'm a new diver, certified this year, but absolutely caught a bug. Now I try to dive as much as I can also in cold Polish waters :wink:
Looking forward to find a buddy for further adventures.

Regards, Magda

Welcome to SB! I've always head the water in your neck of the woods is a tad chilly. Do you dive in a drysuit?

With the number of divers on this site I'm sure you'll find some new buddies in no time!

Nope. 2 * 7mm wetsuit, for polish summer is enough :) Though divers here try to convince me to try drysuit, maybe next year. Anyway I try to travel to warmer places and really hope to find a company here :wink:

Hello Magda, and welcome. My grandfather's family came from the lost city of Lwow before WW1, and his nephew is buried in the Polish Cemetery at Monte Cassino.

I envy the wreck diving available to you, if not the temperatures.

I'm a retired academic, and have recently been doing some research about the Lipka Tatars and Hasan Konopatski. I admire your nation greatly.

Thank you for these words. Usually I get the opposite or people don't know where Poland is :wink: Long history we have and you seem like a person who knows a little bit about it :wink:

Czesc Magda.

I have been in Polska three times and like the country more each time. My wife is from Poznan and has shown me around the country from north to south. I really like the coast at Gdansk, Gdynia and Sopot. I would like to go wreck diving there sometime. Have you been there?

Welcome to the group. New here also! Sounds like where you are is some awesome, yet cold diving. I can point out Poland on a map 2 out of 3 times. lol J/K Take care and happy diving.

Randal

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA.....

You are fortunate to have in Poland one of the best drysuit manufacturers in the world: Santi.

My wife and I visited southern Poland in July and really enjoyed it. I am still trying to lose the weight I gained from eating all that wonderful traditional food.

Wreck diving in Baltic - not yet. Maybe next season, maybe after I have drysuit, cause the temperature there is rather low. But definately it's in my plans :) I live in Szczecin - quite close to Poznań.
Polish food - I guess pierogi were in the menu :D Yes, we like to eat heavily.
And anyway sooner or later I guess I'm gonna end up in drysuit, but actually now I'm starting to look for a buddy here to go to Thailand or Caribbean :wink: Anyone? :p

Back
Top Bottom