Greetings from Burlington VT!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rileybri

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello all and greetings from Burlington VT. I just wanted to take a moment and say hello. As of yesterday I am a certified NAUI diver! Well I still have my check out dives in May (The lake is going to be COLD!!!) but the test and pool skills are all finished. I am just so psyched to have the whole summer ahead of me for diving. I have even signed up for my first dive trip to the Isles of shoals in July. I look forward to a long and safe diving future. If you are in this area (BTV) and are heading out for a dive send me a PM as I would love to get out with you and learn some of the local dive sights.

cheers,

Brian D.

Hello! Welcome to ScubaBoard and congrats on finishing the pool and classroom work. The rest is just gravy! Can't wait to hear about how your open water dives went, be sure to post that. Being in California, I'd love to know what you are going to see in VT!

Hi Brian, it is great to have you here!! Where is Burlingrton? We are glad you are certified.

Thanks for the greetings and kind words!

Ann Marie- Having already done a dive or two in the the like I can tell you there are quite a few fairly pristine ship wrecks, big fish (lake trout, bass, pike), snapping turtles the size of volkswagin bugs, but the best thing to look for is Champ (our lake monster):wink:. Zebra Muscles have moved in and cover most everything but they do help visibility. I am sure I will have much more to offer on the subject when I have been out a few more times.

Theunis-Burlington (at least the one I live in) is on the shores of Lake Champlain Vermont. Its the largest "non"great lake in the continental US.

Brian D.

Good to see you on the board Bri. Are you and the Mrs. coming down for a visit memorial day weekend? If so, we'll have to get you out in the ocean!

Hay Matt, well its official!!!! Checkout dives in 43 degree water complete. It was great to be breathing under water in the "big boy pool". On our last dive we even stumbled into the lawn ornament cometary. There had to have been at least 100 pink flamingos and gnomes out there resting on the murky bottom!

For all those of you who know Matt aka MSilvia, he and I go way back. It is from his years of prodding and nudging that I finally am a certified diver now. So when my wife is complaining that I am diving as much as I ski and am never home I am going to blame it on you Matt!!!:mooner:

Matt thank you! thank you for keeping on to get certified, for being patient all this time leading up to my cert, and for all the the amazing gear you have passed along to me over the years so that I am now fully geared up for diving!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!

cheers,

Brian D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom