Greetings from Baltimore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corrinado

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello,
Got certified about a year ago with my middle school daughters and am very excited about continuing my diving adventure!
So much to learn and explore, gonna dive right in!

Welcome! Sadly not too many options at the moment locally... Get to Dutch Springs while you still can, Lake Phoenix is worth a drive... Hopefully sometime next year Juturna will be open again.

Welcome! Sadly not too many options at the moment locally... Get to Dutch Springs while you still can, Lake Phoenix is worth a drive... Hopefully sometime next year Juturna will be open again.
Here to say the ocean is closer than both of those locations... Ocean City is 147 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Dutch is 154 miles and Lake Phoenix is 209 miles.

Did our final OW dives there after our first at Juturna 3w prior. Yeah hoping for Juturna next season, would be great!

Here to say the ocean is closer than both of those locations... Ocean City is 147 miles from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Dutch is 154 miles and Lake Phoenix is 209 miles.
Looked in to OC but pretty sure the charter there requires AOW, waiting till my daughters are old enough then we'll get that cert.

You're going to want a little more experience before going out of OC. You're not too far from Kent Island Scuba and they offer pretty frequent charters out on the Chesapeake from what I understand. I haven't been out with them yet but I hear it's a good option for staying wet.

You're going to want a little more experience before going out of OC. You're not too far from Kent Island Scuba and they offer pretty frequent charters out on the Chesapeake from what I understand. I haven't been out with them yet but I hear it's a good option for staying wet.
Yup went out with them about 6w ago, great boat and staff. Did not fully appreciate how many jellies would be there though!
Definitely gonna try getting out with them again

Welcome to Scuba Board. Glad to hear your kids are into diving now, too.

Richard.
Thanks! The best part is that I don’t have to push them in the slightest, they take to it naturally and are internally motivated, very proud dad.
Tim

Welcome to ScubaBoard and Howdy from Texas! Great to dive with the family! Built-in diving buddies!

Back
Top Bottom